How to Make Russian kipper fillets
- 6 kippers
- 4 small apples
- 1/2 onion
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons oil generous pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Soak the kippers in the boiling water for a few minutes.
- Then skin and fillet and carefully re-move the bones.
- Cut into fairly wide strips.
- Peels, quarter, core and finely dice the apples.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Stir the lemon juice with the apple and onion, use to cover the base of a shallow dish and top with the kipper fillets.
- Beat the white wine with the oil and peppers and pour over the kippers.
SERVE WITH : Brown bread or fresh, crisp rolls.