How to make a Mussels with Cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 tablespoon bottled or canned mussels
- 1 teaspoon bottled silverskin onions dash of vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oil pinch each of salt , pepper and dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon canned mushrooms
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- 1 tablespoon double cream
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish
- Butter the bread.
- Drain the mussels.
- halve the silver onions.
- beat together the vinegar,oil,salt,pepper and thyme.
- Stir in the mussels,onions and mushroom and place on the lettuce leaf on the bread.
- Whip the cream until stiff and fold in the horseradish.
- Spoon the cream on to the mussels.