How to make Monaco Salad
- 3 medium potatoes
- 4 gherkins
- 1 tomato
- 225 g/8 oz peeled cooked prawns,defrosted if frozen
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 150 ml/ 1/4 pint mayonnaise
- 150ml/ 1/4 pint double cream generous pinch each of salt and paprika
- 100 g/4 oz cooked peas
- 1 lettuce
- Boil the cleaned potatoes in their jackets for 20 minutes or until tender.
- finely chop the gherkins.
- Quarter the tomato.
- Rinse the prawn in cold water,peel and dice.
- Beat the mayonnaise with cream and season with salt and paprika.
- Mix together the cooled potatoes and cooked peas,the gherkins and prawns and fold in the dressing.
- Tear the lettuce into strips and use to line a salad bowl
- Fill with the salad and garnish with the tomato and egg.